Consisting of 7 states, also called 'Seven Sisters', North East India can be a scenic treat for all the travellers. A trip to North East India will sweep you off your feet! Booking a North East India tour package can allow you to witness the charming region of rugged beauty, it’s a wonderland where glacial rivers flow through plunging Himalayan gorges, faith moves mountains on perilous pilgrimages to Tawang, rhinos graze in the swampy grasslands of Kaziranga and former head-hunters slowly embrace modernity in Nagaland.
Explore this unexplored land with Columbus Vacation's North East holiday packages and discover breath-taking beauty. India’s North East, called the ‘land of the seven sisters’, is a region that can be best described as virgin, wild and untouched. North East India comprises of seven states namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura. Each state is a traveller’s paradise, with picturesque hills and green meadows that shelter thousands of species of flora and fauna. Besides these, there are a number of wild life sanctuaries and national parks where rare animals, birds, and plants provide fascinating insight and experiences to travellers. Explore this mystic land with Columbus Vacation's North East tour packages and discover beauty such as you may have never seen before!
What is included in the tour
• 7 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
• Assistance at the airport
• For Category A & B – Meal Plan is Breakfast & Dinner.
• For Category C & D – Meal Plan is Breakfast Only.
• Transportation as per itinerary for Category A, B & C by Innova / Scorpio / Xylo (maximum 06 Pax including children / infant in 01 vehicle)
1. AC will not be operational when travelling in the hills
2. Vehicle is not on disposal but as per itinerary
3. Vehicle will be changed depending on local vehicle regulations and road / weather condition.
• Transportation as per itinerary for Category D by exclusive non-A/c Tata Sumo or Mahindra Max or similar vehicle Gangtok city tour by Non AC Wagon – R / Santro / Indica / Similar (maximum 04 Pax including children / infant in 01 vehicle)
• Day Trip to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
• 02 Nights trip to Lachung & Yumthang Valley Ex Gangtok along with all meals.
• One Full day sightseeing at Darjeeling covering 03 & Best Points
• All Parking Charges.
• All currently applicable Taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
• Guide Charges
• Air tickets
• Porter Charges
• Entry Fees
• Personal Expenses: such as Laundry, Telephone Calls, Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Beverages, Food (if not included)
• Additional Sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary
• Any services not mentioned in the itinerary
• High Season Surcharge
- In Gangtok, visit Tsomgo lake & Baba Mandir Excursion
- In Lachung, Singhik View point, Chumthang Valley, Twin Falls and Vima Falls
- Excursion of Yumthang Valley – snowcapped peaks
- In Darjeeling, visit to Tiger Hill early morning to view Everest and snow-capped Himalayan range.
- Sightseeing in Darjeeling - Ghoom Monastery, Japanese Temple , Himalayan Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start and End in Bagdogra
DAY-01: BAGDOGRA / NEW JALPAIGURI - DARJEELING
Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and transfer to Darjeeling (95kms/3hrs). Once the summer capital of India, Darjeeling is a land of infinite variety and charm. It will cater you a mix-experience of lively nature & charming Himalayan people. It is the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt of the Lama-Religion. Surrounded by Tea gardens; this little town faces some of the highest peaks of the Himalayas. Take a rest and then a walk around town to appreciate the new culture you are in. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY-02: DARJEELING LOCAL SIGHTSEEING THREE POINTS (4 AM TO 7AM) & BEST POINTS
(9.30 AM TO 5.30PM)
Early morning start for Tiger Hill to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga (World’s 3rd highest peak), Visit Ghoom Monastery and Batashia Loop War Memorial while returning to the Hotel. Breakfast at the Hotel followed by half day local Best points sightseeing covering Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Closed on Thursday), Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center (Closed on Sunday), walk around visit to the Mall and Local Market (Closed on Thursday). Evening Free for shopping & individual activity, overnight at hotel
DAY-03: DARJEELING TO GANGTOK
Morning transfer to Gangtok (105kms/4hrs). At an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim. It is a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
DAY-04: EXCURSION TRIP TO TSOMGO LAKE & BABA MANDIR (NEW)
AM start for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people; further 12Kms visit the Baba Mandir dedicated to the memory of soldier Harbhajan Singh. Evening free at Gangtok for shopping and individual activity.
DAY-05: GANGTOK TO LACHUNG
AM Pickup from your hotel at Gangtok and Transfer to Lachung (117Kms/6.5Hrs), en-route sightseeing at Singhik View point, Chumthang Valley, Twin Falls and Vima Falls. Evening free to explore the beautiful Himalayan village on your own. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY-06: DAY TRIP TO YUMTHANG VALLEY
Early morning after breakfast start for half day excursion trip to Yumthang Valley, en-route visit Hot Spring and Singba Rhododendron Sanctuary. Some photographs of the natural scenes of Switzerland and Yumthang valley are very hard to distinguish. Yumthang, which is at an altitude of 12,000 ft., is situated about 135 km from Gangtok. April and May promises colorful flowers & Orchids, where as November end to March usually sees snows Transfer back to Lachung for Lunch followed by visit to Lachung Monastery and Govt. Evening at leisure, overnight at Hotel.
DAY-07: LACHUNG TO GANGTOK
Morning after breakfast transfer to Gangtok (117kms/5hrs). Overnight at hotel.
DAY-08: GANGTOK – BAGDOGRA / NEW JALPAIGURI
Morning Transfer to Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (115kms/ 5hrs), Tour Ends.