Consisting of 7 states, also called 'Seven Sisters', North East India can be a scenic treat for all the travellers. A trip to North East India will sweep you off your feet! Booking a North East India tour package can allow you to witness the charming region of rugged beauty, it’s a wonderland where glacial rivers flow through plunging Himalayan gorges, faith moves mountains on perilous pilgrimages to Tawang, rhinos graze in the swampy grasslands of Kaziranga and former head-hunters slowly embrace modernity in Nagaland.
Explore this unexplored land with Columbus Vacation's North East holiday packages and discover breath-taking beauty. India’s North East, called the ‘land of the seven sisters’, is a region that can be best described as virgin, wild and untouched. North East India comprises of seven states namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura. Each state is a traveller’s paradise, with picturesque hills and green meadows that shelter thousands of species of flora and fauna. Besides these, there are a number of wild life sanctuaries and national parks where rare animals, birds, and plants provide fascinating insight and experiences to travellers. Explore this mystic land with Columbus Vacations North East tour packages and discover beauty such as you may have never seen before!
What is included in the tour
• 7 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
• Assistance at the airport
• For Category A & B – Meal Plan is Breakfast & Dinner.
• For Category C & D – Meal Plan is Breakfast Only.
• Transportation as per itinerary for Category A, B & C by Innova / Scorpio / Xylo (maximum 06 Pax including children / infant in 01 vehicle)
1. AC will not be operational when travelling in the hills
2. Vehicle is not on disposal but as per itinerary
3. Vehicle will be changed depending on local vehicle regulations and road / weather condition.
• Transportation as per itinerary for Category D by exclusive non-A/c Tata Sumo or Mahindra Max or similar vehicle Gangtok city tour by Non AC Wagon – R / Santro / Indica / Similar (maximum 04 Pax including children / infant in 01 vehicle).
• Half Day Kalimpong Local Sightseeing.
• Day Trip to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
• One half day sightseeing at Pelling.
• One Full day sightseeing at Darjeeling covering 03 & Best Points
• All Parking Charges.
• All currently applicable Taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
• Guide Charges
• Air tickets
• Porter Charges
• Entry Fees
• Personal Expenses: such as Laundry, Telephone Calls, Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Beverages, Food (if not included)
• Additional Sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary
• Any services not mentioned in the itinerary
• High Season Surcharge
- In Gangtok, visit Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir Excursion
- In Pelling, Excursion to Yuksom, Rimbi Waterfalls, Rimbi Hydro Project & Khecheopalri Lake
- In Kalimpong, Dello hills, Flower Nurseries, Zong Dog Palri Fo- Brong Monastery and Durbin Dara Monastery
- In Darjeeling, visit to Tiger Hill early morning to view Everest and snow-capped Himalayan range.
- Sightseeing in Darjeeling - Ghoom Monastery, Japanese Temple , Himalayan Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start and End in Bagdogra
DAY-01: (BAGDOGRA / NEW JALPAIGURI - GANGTOK).
Welcome on arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and transfer to Gangtok (114kms/4.5hrs), At an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim is a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
DAY-02: EXCURSION TRIP TO TSOMGO LAKE & BABA MANDIR.(NEW)
AM start for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), which is only 32kms from Gangtok City, the lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people, further 12Kms is Baba Mandir dedicated to the memory of soldier Harbhajan Singh. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
DAY-03: (GANGTOK TO PEMAYANGTSE).
Morning transfer to Pemayangtse (123kms/6.5hrs). Pemayangtse is a very small Himalayan village in West Sikkim. Pelling is the nearest motor able point from Mt. Kanchendzonga, worlds 03rd highest peak, offers a good sunrise and all day long view of Kanchendzonga and the entire Eastern Himalayan range. Evening free for individual activity and leisure, overnight at hotel.
DAY-04: EXCURSION TO YUKSOM
After breakfast we drive to Yuksom (5840 Ft / 1780 Mts, 35 Kms / 02 Hrs.) on way panoramic sightseeing of Darap Village, Rimbi Water fall & Hydro Project, Khecheopalri Lake (6000 Ft / 1829 Mts) it is one of the sacred Buddhist mountain lake and it is believed that whatever is wished in front of the lake comes true. Myth is that when a leaf falls on the placid clear water surface, it is picked by a bird & Kanchenjunga Water fall. A further drive takes you to Yuksom (the meeting place of three monks) - the first capital of Sikkim. This was the place where the first Chogyal (a ruling dynasty in Sikkim) was crowned. Evening back to Pelling and Overnight at Hotel.
DAY-05: (PEMAYANGTSE TO KALIMPONG).
Morning enjoy a leisurely breakfast and transfer to Kalimpong (115 Kms / 5hrs), a quiet hill resort in eastern Himalaya. Kalimpong is famous for its Orchids & Nurseries and some of the some of the rarest cacti & Orchids can be seen. Oak, Maple and chestnut stretch up the ridge as far as the eye can reach. Check in at Hotel. Evening visit the local market to have an in depth knowledge about the local culture and community.
DAY 06: KALIMPONG SIGHTSEEING AND TRANSFER TO DARJEELING.
Breakfast at the hotel followed half day sightseeing in and around Kalimpong Covering Zong Dog Palri Fo- Brong Monastery (Durpin Dara Monastery), Flower & Orchid Nurseries, Dello Hill. Later transfer to Darjeeling (70Kms / 3hrs). Once the summer capital of India, Darjeeling is a land of infinite variety and charm. It will cater you a mix-experience of lively nature & charming Himalayan people. It is the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt of the Lama- Religion. Surrounded by Tea gardens, this little town faces some of the Himalayas highest peaks. Take a rest and then a walk around town to appreciate the new culture you are in. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY-07: (DARJEELING LOCAL SIGHTSEEING THREE POINTS (4 AM TO 7AM) & BEST POINTS (9.30 AM TO 5 PM)
Early morning start for Tiger Hill to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga (World’s 3rd highest peak), Visit Ghoom Monastery and Batashia Loop War Memorial while returning to the Hotel. Breakfast at the Hotel followed by half day local Best points sightseeing covering Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Closed on Thursday), Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center (Closed on Sunday), Ropewey (entry fees not included), walk around visit to the Mall and Local Market (Closed on Thursday). Evening Free for shopping & individual activity, overnight at hotel.
DAY-08: DARJEELING – BAGDOGRA / NEW JALPAIGURI.
Morning Transfer to Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (95kms/ 3hrs)
- Airport transfers.
- Intercity transfers by speed train.
- Hotel to Central Rail Station by Taxi or Cab
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- Visa fee & Travel Insurance
- GST & Tax
- Early Check in and late Check out
- Lunches & Dinner
- Anything that is not mentioned in Itinerary
- City Tax
End of Services.