Tamil Nadu is known as the temple city of India, Tamil Nadu is one place in South India where the elaborate architecture and brilliant sculptures of its ancient temples, leave all its tourists spellbound with their astounding beauty.
It is located in the Southern range of India which is supremely rich in culture and heritage. Known to be one of the oldest civilizations in the world, the people of Tamil Nadu belong to the prestigious Dravidian Family.
What is included in the tour
• 7 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned below hotels or equivalent
• Assistance at the airport
• Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist AC vehicle
• Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
• Air tickets and airport taxes
• Entry Fee at the Monuments
• Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
• Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
• Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- Kanchipuram Temple complex
- Panch Rathas, Arjuna's Penance and the Shore Temple in Mahabalipuram
- In Pondicherry, cover Aurobindo ashram, churches and Auroville
- In Madurai, Tirumalai Nayak, Koodal Azhagar Temple and Meenakshi Temple
- In Rameshwaram, Ramanatha Swamy Temple, Agnitriham Tank & Ramjharoka Temple
- Visit Kanyakumari - Vivekananda Rock, Gandhi Museum and Kumari Amman Temple
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start From Chennai and End in Trivandrum
Day 01 Chennai – Mahabalipuram (65 kms / approx 1.30 hours)
Meet our representative upon arrival in Chennai & take ddrive to Mahabalipuram - the major seaport of the ancient Pallava kingdom based at Kanchipuram, and a wander round the town’s great, World Heritage–listed temples and carvings inflames the imagination, especially at sunset. Upon arrival check in to the hotel & later take an excursion to Kancheepuram - Visit the Ekambaranatha Temple, Vaishnavite Vaikunta Perumal Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kamakshi Temple, and Kailasanatha Temple. Overnight in Mahabalipuram.
Day 02 Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry (100 kms / approx. 2 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Pondicherry. Arrive and check-in at your hotel. Later, proceed for half day sightseeing of Pondicherry, starting with Aurobindo ashram - Founded in 1926 by Sri Aurobindo and a French-born woman known as ‘the Mother’, this spiritual community now has about 1200 members who work in the ashram's many departments. Also, cover church of sacred hearts of Jesus and a must-visit attraction of Pondicherry – Auroville. Overnight in Pondicherry.
Day 03 Leisure at the hotel in Pondicherry
Breakfast at the hotel, rest of the day leisure at the hotel. Alternatively, you can explore the Local streets, Markets and French colonies of Pondicherry. Overnight in Pondicherry,
Day 04 Pondicherry – Madurai (330 kms / approx. 6 hours)
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed to Madurai. Upon arrival check in to the hotel & enjoy rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel in Madurai.
Day 05 Sightseeing in Madurai
After breakfast, visit Tirumalai Nayak, Koodal Azhagar Temple and witness evening prayer ceremony at Meenakshi Temple. Rest of the day leisure at the hotel. Overnight in Madurai.
Day 06 Madurai – Rameshwaram (160 kms / approx. 3.5 hours)
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed to Rameshwaram. Upon arrival check in to the hotel. Later enjoy a half day sightseeing of Rameshwaram. The entire island of Rameshwaram is associated with various incidents from the Ramayana… it is said that Lord Rama gave thanks here after his battle with the demon king Ravana. Visit the Ramanatha Swamy Temple. This masterpiece of Dravidian architecture boasts the largest temple corridor in India. Visit the Agnitriham Tank ... ideally, a bath at Agnitriham precedes a visit to the Ramanatha Swamy Temple. Also visit the Ramjharoka Temple. The imprint of Lord Rama's feet is placed on a chakra in this temple, at the highest point of the Island of Rameshwaram.
Day 07 Rameshwaram – Kanyakumari (311 kms / approx. 5 hours)
After breakfast, proceed to Kanyakumari. The Arabian Sea, the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal merge at Kanyakumari. It is an important pilgrimage center for Hindus. Upon arrival in Kanyakumari, check-in at the hotel and proceed on a visit to Vevakananda Rock, Gandhi Museum and Kumari Amman Temple. Also, enjoy the scenic sunset point in Kanyakumari. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08 Kanyakumari - Departure from Trivandrum (90 kms / approx. 3 hours)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Trivandrum airport for return flight back home.
- Airport transfers.
- Intercity transfers by speed train.
- Hotel to Central Rail Station by Taxi or Cab
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- Visa fee & Travel Insurance
- GST & Tax
- Early Check in and late Check out
- Lunches & Dinner
- Anything that is not mentioned in Itinerary
- City Tax
End of Services.