Kerala is situated in the southwestern end of the Indian subcontinent and has a long history of art and cultural heritage and foreign trade with other countries. The tropical climate and the rich monsoons offer beautiful landscapes, presence of abundant water bodies, long beaches and more than 40 rivers add to the charm. Kerala is blessed with its variety of flora and fauna.
With world class tourist sporting options, ayurvedic spas and treatments, eco-tourism initiatives, a large number of visit options ranging from beautiful high altitude blue mountains to pristine rain forests to golden sun-sand beaches and an enormous range of accommodation, Kerala has much to offer the visitor.
What is included in the tour
• 3 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
• 1 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above houseboat or equivalent
• Assistance at the airport
• Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
• Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
• Air tickets and airport taxes
• Kalaripayattu show in Thekkady
• Boat-ride in Periyar Lake
• Guide service as per the itinerary
• Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary
• Special activities as per the itinerary
• Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
• Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- Trip to Eravikulam National Park, Tea Plantation & Museum, Munnar
- Visit to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Boat Ride at Lake Periyar, Spice plantation tour & Kalaripayattu show
- Cruise through beautiful Kerela backwaters and stay on Houseboat, Alleppey
- Sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start & End in Cochin
Day 01 Arrival in Cochin & Drive from Cochin to Munnar (120 km/approx. 4.5 hours)
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive to Munnar - derived its name from the confluence of the three rivers around which the town grew. Today, it offers beautiful vistas, cardamom and spice plantations, aromatic oil factories, sights of several endangered species and the purple-blue of the Neelakurinji flowers that bloom every 12 years. Upon arrival, check-in at the hotel and spend evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 Sightseeing in Munnar
Explore Eravikulam National Park, home to various elusive and endangered species. It is a great place to enjoy trekking and offers mind-blowing views of the tea plantations. Later, proceed towards Tea Museum (closed on Monday), which gives an insight to the history of tea plantations of this region. Later visit Mattupetty Dam, Eco Point and Flower Garden. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 03 Munnar – Thekkady (90 km/ approx. 2.5 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar) and on arrival check-in at the hotel. Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Periyar. Set high in the ranges of the Western Ghats in Kerala, is the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve. Periyar wildlife sanctuary has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Herds of playful wild elephants have made Periyar Lake their favorite haunt for frolicking in the water. They can be witnessed bathing and swimming here. Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to view the wildlife at close quarters. Other inhabitants of Periyar include the leopard, wild dog, barking deer, mouse deer, Nilgiri langur, bonnet macaque, sambhar, porcupines, squirrels, gaur (Indian bison), wild boar and sloth bear. Later, take a spice plantation tour. The aroma and pleasant ambiance of the spice and tea plantations of Periyar are fascinating. Spices found in Thekkady include pepper, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, vanilla and curry leaves. In evening, watch traditional Kalaripayattu show. (Optional) - You can also enjoy an elephant ride in Periyar. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 04 Thekkady – Alleppey (140 km/ approx. 4 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Alleppey and board your houseboat on arrival. Alleppey, "Venice of the East" has a large network of backwater canals that meander through the town, surrounding villages and Vembanad Lake. Cruise through the beautiful and scenic backwaters of Kerala, while you stay in houseboat. Overnight stay in houseboat.
Day 05 Departure from Cochin (83 km/ approx.2.5 hour)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin airport for return flight back home.
- Airport transfers.
- Intercity transfers by speed train.
- Hotel to Central Rail Station by Taxi or Cab
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- Visa fee & Travel Insurance
- GST & Tax
- Early Check in and late Check out
- Lunches & Dinner
- Anything that is not mentioned in Itinerary
- City Tax