Tamil Nadu is known as the temple city of India, Tamil Nadu is one place in South India where the elaborate architecture and brilliant sculptures of its ancient temples, leave all its tourists spellbound with their astounding beauty.
It is located in the Southern range of India which is supremely rich in culture and heritage. Known to be one of the oldest civilizations in the world, the people of Tamil Nadu belong to the prestigious Dravidian Family.
What is included in the tour
• 8 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned below hotels or equivalent
• Assistance upon arrival at Chennai airport
• Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist AC vehicle
• Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
• Air tickets and airport taxes
• Entry Fee at the Monuments
• Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
• Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
• Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- Visit in Chennai – Fort St George, St. Mary's Church, museum, Kapeeleshwara Temple, San Thome Cathedral, Government State Museum & National Art Gallery
- 2nd longest beach in world – Marina Beach
- Kanchipuram Temple complex
- Panch Rathas, Arjuna's Penance and the Shore Temple in Mahabalipuram
- In Pondicherry, cover Aurobindo ashram, churches and Auroville
- In Tanjore, visit Brihadeshwara Temple, Tanjore Palace & Museum
- In Madurai, Tirumalai Nayak, Koodal Azhagar Temple and Meenakshi Temple
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start From Chennai and End in Madurai
Day 01 Arrival in Chennai
Meet our representative upon arrival in Chennai - the capital city of Tamil Nadu is sited on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. It has played a very crucial role in the traditional, historical and academic growth of the country, representing the different elements of the highest variety of the Dravidian civilization. Also, considered as the cultural hub of South India which is famous for its affluent heritage in classical dance, music, architecture, sculpture, crafts, etc. After reaching, proceed to hotel and check-in for overnight stay.
Day 02 Sightseeing in Chennai
Explore Chennai- Visit Fort St George, St. Mary's Church and a museum, Kapeeleshwara Temple, San Thome Cathedral, Government State Museum & National Art Gallery. Drive past Marina Beach, the second longest beach in the world. Overnight in Chennai.
Day 03 Chennai – Mahabalipuram (65 kms / approx 1.30 hours)
Drive to Mahabalipuram - the major seaport of the ancient Pallava kingdom based at Kanchipuram, and a wander round the town’s great, World Heritage–listed temples and carvings inflames the imagination, especially at sunset. Take an excursion to Kancheepuram - Visit the Ekambaranatha Temple, Vaishnavite Vaikunta Perumal Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kamakshi Temple, and Kailasanatha Temple. Overnight in Mahabalipuram.
Day 04 Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry (100 kms / approx. 2 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Pondicherry. Arrive and check-in at your hotel. Later, proceed for half day sightseeing of Pondicherry, starting with Aurobindo ashram - Founded in 1926 by Sri Aurobindo and a French-born woman known as ‘the Mother’, this spiritual community now has about 1200 members who work in the ashram's many departments. Also, cover church of sacred hearts of Jesus and a must-visit attraction of Pondicherry – Auroville. Overnight in Pondicherry,
Day 05 Leisure at the hotel in Pondicherry
Breakfast at the hotel, rest of the day leisure at the hotel. Alternatively, you can explore the Local streets, Markets and French colonies of Pondicherry. Overnight in Pondicherry,
Day 06 Pondicherry – Tanjore (170 kms / approx. 4 hours)
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed to visit half-day sightseeing of Mahabalipuram covering Panch Rathas, Arjuna's Penance and the Shore Temple. Later, drive towards Tanjore and check-in at the hotel upon arrival for overnight stay in Tanjore
Day 07 Tanjore – Trichy – Madurai
After early breakfast, check-out from the hotel and explore Tanjore - Visit Brihadeshwara Temple, Tanjore Palace & Museum. Later drive towards Trichy (approx. 2 hours) and enroute visit Rock Fort, Srirangam and Thiruvanaikkaval. By evening, reach Madurai hotel (approx 3 hours) for check-in and overnight stay.
Day 08 Sightseeing in Madurai
After breakfast, visit Tirumalai Nayak, Koodal Azhagar Temple and witness evening prayer ceremony at Meenakshi Temple. Rest of the day leisure at the hotel. Overnight in Madurai.
Day 09 Departure from Madurai
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Madurai airport for return flight back home.
End of Services.