Kerala is situated in the southwestern end of the Indian subcontinent and has a long history of art and cultural heritage and foreign trade with other countries. The tropical climate and the rich monsoons offer beautiful landscapes, presence of abundant water bodies, long beaches and more than 40 rivers add to the charm. Kerala is blessed with its variety of flora and fauna.
With world class tourist sporting options, ayurvedic spas and treatments, eco-tourism initiatives, a large number of visit options ranging from beautiful high altitude blue mountains to pristine rain forests to golden sun-sand beaches and an enormous range of accommodation, Kerala has much to offer the visitor.
What is included in the tour
• 4 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
• Assistance at the airport
• Boat-ride in Vembanand Lake Kumarakom
• Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
• Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
• Air tickets and airport taxes
• Kalaripayattu show in Thekkady
• Boat-ride in Periyar Lake
• Guide service as per the itinerary
• Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary
• Special activities as per the itinerary
• Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
• Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- Trip to Eravikulam National Park, Tea Plantation & Museum, Munnar
- Boat-ride in Vembanand Lake, Kumarakom
- Sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start & End in Cochin
Day 01 Arrival in Cochin & Drive to Munnar (120 km/approx. 4.5 hours)
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive to Munnar - derived its name from the confluence of the three rivers around which the town grew. Today, it offers beautiful vistas, cardamom and spice plantations, aromatic oil factories, sights of several endangered species and the purple-blue of the Neelakurinji flowers that bloom every 12 years. Upon arrival, check-in at the hotel and spend evening at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 Full day Munnar Sightseeing
After breakfast, Explore Eravikulam National Park, home to various elusive and endangered species. It is a great place to enjoy trekking and offers mind-blowing views of the tea plantations. Later, proceed towards Tea Museum (closed on Monday), which gives an insight to the history of tea plantations of this region. Later visit Mattupetty Dam, Eco Point and Flower Garden. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03 Munnar – Thekkady (90 kms / approx. 2.5 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar) and on arrival check-in at the hotel. Thekkady is synonymous to uninterrupted hills, rich biodiversity and spice plantations. The place is best known for the Periyar National Park. In the afternoon, proceed for boat-ride at Periyar Lake, and in evening watch traditional Kalaripayattu show. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 04 Thekkady – Kumarakom (130 kms / approx. 3.5 hour)
After breakfast, check-out and proceed to Kumarakom - a charming emerald peninsula jutting into the picturesque Vembanad Lake dotted with innumerable traditional country rafts, boats and canoes. The fresh water of the lake flows into the mainland, making a labyrinth of lagoons, canals and waterways. Enjoy a sunset cruise in Vembanad Lake. Overnight at the backwater resort.
Day 05 Kumarakom - Cochin (80 kms / approx. 2.5 hours)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin airport for return flight back home.
End of Services.