Assam, The land of Red river and blue hills
A tea leaf that brews an amber liquid, a palace that was cemented with rice flour and duck eggs, a pasture that preserves a rare golden langur, Assam is a chest full of surprises. An alchemy of cultures, and a confluence of color. Shades of green - emerald, sea foam and sage - coat the plains, while caramel mountains frame the backdrop. The one horned rhinoceros coexists with the elusive tiger, and artistic traditions blend with modern education. Deemed as the gateway to northern India, Assam is every traveler's aspiration.
What is included in the tour
• 04 nights accommodation at mentioned hotels as per meal plans mentioned
• All transfers and sightseeing-using vehicle as mentioned
• Road Taxes and Parking charges
• Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
• Air tickets, airport taxes and Visa fee for foreign nationals
• Cost for supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges, Guide, Sightseeing entrance fees.
• Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary
• Guide service as per the itinerary
• Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
• Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- In Cherrapunjee, visit Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh , Eco – park
- Enroute visit Shillong peak and Elephanta Falls
- In Guwahati, visit Kamakhya temple, Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo.
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start and End in Guwahati
Day 01: Arrive Guwahati – Shillong (110 kms 3 hrs approx..)
Transfer from Guwahati airport/railway station to Shillong en route visit Umium Lake. Shillong became the first capital of the State of Meghalaya. Located in undulating pine covered hills, the city has a milder climate than tropical India. The city centre is 1496m above sea level and currently has a population of around 270,000. Home to several waterfalls, it is also known as the Scotland of the East. The British legacy is still visible in the architecture and food habits of the population. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (60 kms 2 hrs each way)
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunji in Meghalaya is one of the wettest places on the planet and the only place in India to receive rain throughout the year. The town of Cherrapunji is nestled in the East Khasi Hills about 50 km southwest of the state’s capital, Shillong. Cherrapunji, also known as Sohra or Churra, means ‘the land of oranges’. The cliffs of Cherrapunji also offer stunning views of the plains of Bangladesh. Visit to Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh , eco – park. Return back to Shillong en route visit Shillong peak and Elephanta Falls. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 03: Shillong – Guwahati (110 kms 3 hrs approx..)
After breakfast at the hotel drive from Shillong to Guwahati. Afternoon free in Guwahati for independent activities. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Guwahati
After breakfast visit Kamakhya temple - The temple is dedicated to goddess Kamakhya an incarnation of Sati. It is on Nilachal hill, says the Shiva Purana, that the yoni or creative organ of Sati fell when Vishnu, in a bid to save the world from the Shiva’s tandava nrittya or dance of destruction, cut her dead body into 51 pieces with his suddarshan chakra. Also visit Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo. Overnight in Guwahati.
Day 05: Departure Guwahati
After breakfast transfer to the airport/railway station in time for onward connection.
End of Services.